Advertising on Instagram is a reality and as always, this is a topic that generates some controversy. However, this time we do not want to enter into this debate, since advertising will continue here, we want to help you get to know it and benefit from it.
And as it has happened with Facebook, advertising on these platforms can be very helpful for large and small businesses or professionals of any type. That’s why today we want to show you how to create ads on Instagram to reach millions of people in the simplest way.
Want to know how to create an Instagram ad? We explain it step by step.
- Facebook puts at our disposal the Power Editor tool, from which we can create announcements for Instagram quickly and easily. To do this you must enter Power Editor and click on the “Manage ads” tab that is located at the top of the page.
2.Once inside this page you have to click on “Create ad” and choose whether you want to use an existing campaign or create a new one. It is important that your campaign uses an advertising goal that is compatible with Instagram ads, such as:
- Clicks on the website
- Apps for mobile applications
- Video playbacks
3. You can also choose whether you want to use a set of ads already created or create a new one. To make your ad appear in Instagram, your set of ads must have the option of location in Instagram
4. After that, write the name of the ad and click on “Create.”
5. Once you have to enter the data and content of the ad here. You have to keep in mind that public targeting and bids in relation to your ad run from the set of ads.
6. Once you have everything ready, click on “Upload ad” to finish the process.
Here’s an example of how the ad would appear on Instagram.
Why do I have to select a Facebook page when creating the ad?
It may be curious that you have to select a Facebook page in the “Destination” section to create an advertisement on Instagram with Power Editor. As you know Instagram belongs to Facebook and this is the way to guarantee the delivery of the ad.
This does not mean that your Facebook page is going to be displayed on your Instagram ad, or that affects your appearance in some way. The ad was shown as we created it, without any additional information.
What content can I use in my Instagram ads?
To create an ad on Instagram you can use both pictures and videos. It is very important to configure your ad with a different purpose depending on the content. If your ad contains a video you will have to choose the “Video Views” objective to enhance the reproduction of the ad among the audience you are targeting.
I can not create my Instagram ad from the Power Editor. What’s going on?
The Instagram ad placement feature may not yet be available for your country. That’s why the option does not appear and it does not allow you to show the ad to the audience of Instagram that interests you.
You have to keep in mind that the advertising system on Instagram is fairly recent and is being implemented gradually in many countries.
As it happened with advertising on Facebook for a while, it seems that the announcements on Instagram will represent a very beneficial and affordable broadcast opportunity for professionals and companies that want to promote their products through this social network.
Now that you know how to create ads on Instagram to reach millions of people, it’s the perfect time to dare try and give another push to your business through social media.